Monday, July 26, 2010

So that was interesting

If you managed to maintain your sanity after reading the stream of consciousness that was my last post, congratulations. That rambling monstrosity was my own thinking out loud, and what you read was my thoughts as I came to the final conclusion in real time. Sorry about that. But here's what I've basically decided:

No government+cooperative/competitive action is best but not feasible because people are people and nothing will change that. The strong will always conquer the weak and that's just how it is. So with this in mind, I now have a new goal. A goal to not be conquered. I wish to escape servitude, to self actualize, to realize a life of my own making and not the designs of another. We are a dysfunctional species and being such, I no longer hold any grand illusions of systemic improvement. Society goes in cycles of freedom and tyranny and the trick is being able to ride out the worst parts from a safe vantage point.

I need to find and achieve that vantage point.

No comments:

Post a Comment